Thursday, June 19, 2008

You have GOT to be kidding me...

Grrrr!

Now I am a little ticked off. The customer is always right, right?

What if the customer can't make up his mind? I 3/4 of the way through a project , which at fiirst seemed fine - I had done work for the client before, and now he wants articles on alcoholism. SO I write eight articles on various aspects of alcohol abuse, dependency, stats, etc.

He responds that he wanted articles to encourage people to go into rehab. I rewrite six of the articles. He responds that he needs the articles to target young people and encourage them not to drink. I rewrite four articles.

Sigh. Then he tells me that I am not doing enough research, and tells me to go to a specific website, which is basically a lot of bulletted lists. So I practically copy the lists, and send them back.

Ah, yes. That was what he wanted. "This is real research" he says.

Funny, it's the exact same info, you nut, just in a dry list form. All my user friendly text had exactly the same information, but he doesn't even see that.

Once again, the lists and bullet points rule. Good luck on holding anyone's attention with that!

Grrrrrrr.....

1 comment:

Peaches said...

Seems to me, bullets in this case hold a literal meaning don't they S? Shooting you down, and potentially the site for which they're being used.